Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Raping for Jesus

Haters without a new target loitering in a inbox near you...

These poor hatin' wayward souls believe they possess the genetic beauty and perfection that deserves to be passed on. The conduit for passing this perfection is also gifted. They seem to possess superhuman-magical- cure-everything-that-ails-you penises. And while invoking God they spew on and on. Raping for Jesus 's sake.

Below are samples of emails sent to the great people who were working for John Edwards' Campaign. For those who missed it, Amanda Marcotte of Pandagon and Melissa McEwen of Shakespeare's Sister (both excellent bloggers) were working for the campaign to manage the netroots and technology. Well, Donohue of Catholic League spewed a bit o'hate saying they were anti-catholic and bigoted (he should know) based on their statements in their own respective blogs. There was talk about the Edwards campaign letting them go. That did not happen. But they did resign this week, but only after this evil came their way in waves:

From Pandagon 's email

YOU RACIST WHORE. FAT UGLY BITCH. SUCK MY LONG COCK ASSHOLE I HOPE YOU KIDS NEVER LIVE AND YOUR PARENTS DIE A TRAGIC DEATH YOU ASSHOLE BITCH!
I HOPE YOUR WOMB IS BARREN AND YOUR CAREER PLUMMETS TO HELL YOU BITCH

Andy Driggers from Dallas, TX was also so moved by my criticisms of religious anti-choicers, that he wrote:

    Problem with women like you, you just need a good fucking from a real man! Living in Texas myself, I know you haven't found that real Texan yet. But once your liberal pro feminist ass gets a real good fucking, you might see the light. Until then, enjoy your battery operated toys b/c most real men wouldn't want to give you the fucking you deserve b/c the shit that would come out of you ears.

But I shan’t belabor the point. I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of the hate mail the Bill Donohue’s “Christian” campaign against me has inspired. This is all stuff from days ago—I’ve gotten more than 100 since. Hell, from the looks of my email from last night, I’ve had more than 100 in the past 12 hours from self-proclaimed Christians who want me to know that I have hurt their feelings and this has nothing, nothing whatsoever to do with their own misogyny and tendency to witch hunt.

From Melissa:
There will be some who clamor to claim victory for my resignation, but I caution them that in doing so, they are tacitly accepting responsibility for those who have deluged my blog and my inbox with vitriol and veiled threats. It is not right-wing bloggers, nor people like Bill Donohue or Bill O'Reilly, who prompted nor deserve credit for my resignation, no matter how much they want it, but individuals who used public criticisms of me as an excuse to unleash frightening ugliness, the likes of which anyone with a modicum of respect for responsible discourse would denounce without hesitation.

This is a win for no one.

Indeed it was not.


No comments: